Friday, July 24, 2009

My Sun

When Scoot and I got married 2 years ago, we talked about waiting a few years to have children. I had my reservations about waiting but thought it would be smart to buy a house first, etc. So, It came as a BIG surprise when I got that positive 1 month after our wedding. I was really shocked at first because for some reason, unknown to me, I felt like I wouldn't be able to have children. I guess the first thing that ran through my mind when I saw that + sign was, "I can have children!" and then the realization settled in and I started to panick a little. Was I excited? You betcha! Being a mother was always what I wanted to do. I wonder sometimes why I even went to college because being a SAHM is really my only career goal.

So, a friend came over and I jumped into her car in an excited frenzy and directed her to the nearest drugstore for more tests. Two tests later I was still pregnant and in shock. Scoot had school that night and as I waited for him to get home, I imagined how I would tell him the big news. I wanted to break it to him in some unique, witty way but my mind was not working at the moment. As he walked in the door and up the stairs, I was sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket. I was so nervous I couldn't keep my legs still and as he saw me he asked if I was okay. He had no idea what was coming! He sat down and I just came out with it.."Your going to be a daddy". Poor Scoot thought it was a joke at first and another look at me told him it was true. We looked at each other and knew that our lives where about to change...in the best way possible. Into the late hours of the night, we talked about what our child would be like and look like and we started down the path of parenthood.

Here we are, 2 years later with our 14-month old Bubs. He is so beautiful and so sweet. I often wonder what I did right to deserve such a wonderful gift. I truly believe my child is a gift that God chose to send to me at that moment in time. I cannot see where my life would be without him and thank God everyday that he has given us this child to love, to teach. Sometimes, I feel as if it is Bubs that is teaching us...teaching us how to love, how to be better individuals, how to be and do so many things that would not be if it wasn't for him.

I can only say that at this moment I am filled with love for my husband and child and feel incredibly blessed! I look forward to expanding our family and for the wonderful future that awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment